I Would Wash My Hair Daily—Now I Can Go Three Days Thanks to These Expert Tips

[ad_1]

I wish I only had to wash my hair once a week. Sadly, that still remains a distant dream. Come summer, my naturally fine hair is often greasy the day after washing it.

Add to this an oily scalp which goes into overdrive in the heat, plus my being assiduous about sunscreen application, and the season is a disaster for my bangs, which immediately become stringy. I always carry a travel-sized dry shampoo in my handbag, but a hairdresser recently gave me some great advice for keeping my greasy hair under control. Since I’ve been following his tips, my hair doesn’t get greasy nearly as quickly as it used to.

The best pro tips for greasy hair

Use a deep cleansing shampoo.

.Instead of standard issue shampoo, hairdresser Pascal Schymick, founder of About Hair in Düsseldorf, recommends washing hair with a clay-based formula. Schymick uses one from Kérastase. “The Balancing Shampoo is intended as a deep cleanser. It’s recommended that you use it once a week, however, if your hair becomes greasy quickly, you can use the product more often.” I’ve been using it every other wash ever since. Not only have I noticed that my hair isn’t as greasy (washing every third day), it also has a lot more volume.

Consider the scalp separately.

One reason I’ve shied away from deep-cleansing products in the past – despite my oily scalp – is the dry ends of my hair, which are quite damaged by regular highlighting. Schymick’s solution is mixing products from different ranges.

“Long hair, especially lightened hair, has completely different needs on the lengths of the hair than on the scalp. You should consider both in isolation and select the products accordingly.” I’ve been using the Blond Absolu range from Kérastase after shampooing: the mask, conditioner and and leave-in care.

Extra expert tips to combat greasy hair

  1. Turn down the temperature of your shower. “Hot water boosts sebum production,” explains Schymick, who recommends washing with lukewarm water.
  2. Rinse well. It’s extremely important to thoroughly rinse out all products that are applied to the hair in the shower. People know “that product residue can make hair look separated and dirty,” he says, but “product residue can also irritate the scalp and therefore stimulate sebum production.” The rule of thumb is to always rinse out for at least twice as long as you take to distribute the product in the hair.
  3. Don’t use dry shampoo every day. Yes, it soaks up excess oil, “but too many layers can put a strain on the scalp.”
  4. Don’t air dry your hair. “Hair dryers used to dry out your hair and break it as they got very hot. Now they are very gentle. Also avoid sleeping with wet hair.
  5. Don’t be afraid of hair oil – even if you have fine hair. “When used correctly, a good product is actually extremely light and doesn’t weigh hair down,” says Schymick. “Elixir Ûltime from Kérastase is particularly light, but still provides intensive care. You only need one or two drops and I recommend rubbing it into your hands like a hand cream, really only running it through the tips and lengths of your hair.”

A version of this article first appeared on Vogue Germany.

https://news.classifiedsmarketing.com/i-would-wash-my-hair-daily-now-i-can-go-three-days-thanks-to-these-expert-tips/?feed_id=23828&_unique_id=66c795ab94b14
Top rated Digital marketing. From $30 Business growth strategy Hello! I am Sam, a Facebook blueprint certified marketer. Expert in Facebook Ads, Instagram Ads, Google Ads, YouTube Ads, and SEO. I use SEMrush and other tools for data-driven research. I can build million-dollar marketing strategy for your business.
Learn more