9 Best Hair Straighteners and Flatirons 2024, Tested and Reviewed

[ad_1]

The Glamour commerce team put the buzzy Dyson Airstrait to the test and were blown away (pun intended). The Aistrait can act as a flatiron and a dryer at the same time, and instead of pressing your hair between hot plates, it dries it with hot air (using the same technology as our favorite Dyson Airwrap)—way less damaging than your standard straightener.

And yes, our testers—even those with tight curls—say it really does work to deliver straight hair. “Since my curls are on the tighter side, it’s crucial that my roots dry first, so I was happy to learn about the rough-dry option, where I lock it in place and let the air do its thing,” says Glamour contributor Andrea Navarro. “After about 10 minutes, the first section of my hair was super straight, and I was shocked. I expected it to be straight, but not that straight."

Best for Coarse Hair: Hot Tools Pro Artist Flat Iron

Hot Tools Pro Artist Black Gold Evolve Iconic Salon Flat Iron

  • What we love: LED temperature display; travel lock; tone lets you know when device reaches desired temperature; high heat
  • What could improve: May feel too hot for some
  • Plate material: Ceramic and titanium
  • Size: 1 inch; 1.25 inches
  • Temperature: Adjustable up to 455°F
  • Auto-shutoff: 60 minutes
  • Cord: 9 feet

We like this moderately priced Hot Tools iron for how quickly it heats up and its easy-to-read LED display with adjustable temps up to a whopping 455°F. It’s a great pick for anyone who has hair that’s trickier to style, whether it’s super coarse or curly.

Earley likes this straightener for how smoothly it glides across her hair. “I have thick, wavy hair, but these ceramic and titanium plates don’t miss a beat,” she says. “I also love the slightly rounded edges, since I use my straightener to give my hair a long, loose curl. This helps keep things nice and smooth even as I twist my wrist."

Best for Curling Hair: Drybar The Tress Press Digital Styling Iron

Drybar the Tress Press Digital Styling Iron

  • What we love: Heats quickly; frizz-reducing ionic and infrared tech; digital temperature control; good for creating curls and waves
  • What could improve: Some users say it’s not as durable as some others; outside of tool can get hot
  • Plate material: Titanium
  • Plate size: 1 inch or 1.25 inches
  • Temperature: Adjustable up to 450°F
  • Auto shut-off: 60 minutes
  • Cord: 9 feet

If it’s a two-in-one straightener and curling iron hybrid you’re looking for, consider the top-selling Drybar styler—a favorite of more than one Glamour editor. “I’m mostly inept at curling hair, let alone at using a flatiron to do anything other than run it over my already flat-as-a-board hair,” Glamour contributor Lindsay Schallon says. “But Drybar’s iron makes it easy, since it has rounded edges that mimics a curling wand," she says. "It’s also super lightweight, which makes it easier to wield.” Glamour commerce director Brie Shwartz has owned this Drybar flatiron for two years and is a fan of how it gets her 3C curls straight. “My wand has stayed in great shape (still gets piping hot), and despite dropping it multiple times, hasn’t scratched or broken. The one thing to note is that after about a year, the outside started getting hotter to the touch, so I’ve had to to be careful about how I grip it. I also like that it makes it easy to make beach waves since it’s light enough to twist. Although I’m also not great with styling, this one’s super easy.”

https://news.classifiedsmarketing.com/9-best-hair-straighteners-and-flatirons-2024-tested-and-reviewed/?feed_id=23257&_unique_id=66c4289e72684
Top rated Digital marketing. From $30 Business growth strategy Hello! I am Sam, a Facebook blueprint certified marketer. Expert in Facebook Ads, Instagram Ads, Google Ads, YouTube Ads, and SEO. I use SEMrush and other tools for data-driven research. I can build million-dollar marketing strategy for your business.
Learn more