Plaque For NYPD Det. Brian Simonsen Unveiled At 102nd Precinct In Queens

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — A hero NYPD officer was honored in Queens on Thursday.

A plaque was unveiled for Det. Brian Simonsen at the 102nd Precinct in Richmond Hill.

The 42-year-old was killed by friendly fire in 2019 while responding to a robbery.

During a packed ceremony, the 19-year NYPD veteran was remembered as a brave man who touched a lot of lives.

“There’s not one tour that is completed without at least a story involving Brian or talking about how much we miss him,” Det. Francis Noonan said.

“I’m just a girl who misses and loves my husband, and I just… I just want his memory out there forever,” said Leanne Simonsen, Brian’s widow.

A special display was built inside the stationhouse for the plaque and other items paying tribute to the detective.



from CBS New York https://ift.tt/2Izr88c
Top rated Digital marketing. From $30 Business growth strategy Hello! I am Sam, a Facebook blueprint certified marketer. Expert in Facebook Ads, Instagram Ads, Google Ads, YouTube Ads, and SEO. I use SEMrush and other tools for data-driven research. I can build million-dollar marketing strategy for your business.
Learn more