‘No one wants to work anymore’: the truth behind this unemployment benefits myth

US employees are concerned about safety, others have caregiving responsibilities and some are using their job loss as an opportunity to find other work

At restaurants across the country – from Albuquerque, New Mexico, to Forth Worth, Texas – the same sign is popping up: “We are short staffed. Please be patient with the staff that did show up. No one wants to work anymore.”

The implication is that the federal government’s expanded unemployment benefits of $300 each week are keeping people at home instead of behind cash registers and in fast food kitchens.

Continue reading...

from US news | The Guardian https://ift.tt/1Zwv3jN
Top rated Digital marketing. From $30 Business growth strategy Hello! I am Sam, a Facebook blueprint certified marketer. Expert in Facebook Ads, Instagram Ads, Google Ads, YouTube Ads, and SEO. I use SEMrush and other tools for data-driven research. I can build million-dollar marketing strategy for your business.
Learn more