Decolonizing Rodin: America’s racial reckoning comes to a San Francisco art museum

Wangechi Mutu’s I Am Speaking, Are You Listening? juxtaposes the Kenyan American artist’s large-scale, matriarchal works against neoclassical busts

The racial reckoning that has swept the US for the last year has touched many institutions, high and low. But it’s only now, as the country reopens, that the results are becoming visible.

Fine arts museums have grappled with questions of representation and cultural equity, as well as their historical role in imperialism and outright theft, and now their public programming reflects these discussions.

Continue reading...

from US news | The Guardian https://ift.tt/1Zwv3jN
Top rated Digital marketing. From $30 Business growth strategy Hello! I am Sam, a Facebook blueprint certified marketer. Expert in Facebook Ads, Instagram Ads, Google Ads, YouTube Ads, and SEO. I use SEMrush and other tools for data-driven research. I can build million-dollar marketing strategy for your business.
Learn more